The Search for Longevity
- Dan Buettner, Author and Explorer
- David McLain, Photographer and Filmmaker
Did you know that having a purpose can add up to 7 years to your life?
Author Dan Buettner and photographer/filmmaker David McLain found meaning in their shared purpose. They spent two decades traveling the world to find the happiest, healthiest and oldest people on the plane—and learn how they got that way. In the mountain villages of Sardinia and on the islands of Okinawa, Japan, as centenarians shared their secrets with Dan and David, the two formed a deep friendship and accumulated a wealth of collective wisdom.
Their collaboration on “The Secrets of Longevity” cover story for National Geographic became the foundation for The Blue Zones, a global movement to live longer, better lives. Their forthcoming book, The Blue Zones Kitchen explores the world’s longevity diets. They’ll take you along on some of their earliest adventures, reminisce about how they each wound up at National Geographic, and share the secrets to living longer, better.
About the speakers
- New York Times Best Selling Author
- National Geographic Fellow
- Buettner put what he learned into practice by partnering with AARP to roll out Blue Zones lifestyle practices in select towns around the US. In one town, Albert Lea, Minnesota, they raised life expectancy and lowered healthcare costs by 40%.
- Buettner's TED talk has over 2.9 million views.
Photographer and Filmmaker
- Has shot seven feature-length assignments for National Geographic Magazine
- Co-owns the boutique production company MERGE
- Produced BOUNCE, a feature documentary that premiered at SXSW
also visiting these cities
NOTIFY ME WHEN THERE ARE EVENTS NEAR ME
We will never share your e-mail address unless you allow us to do so.